Thursday, October 16, 2014
2014 Holiday Season is here.. Is your business ready? check out the 7 tips to getting the most out of the Holidays for your business.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Where are all the awesome apps at these days? Ok..ok..ok.. I can count calories and map my bike ride.. of course Candy Crush is great too. But why does it feel like there are no REALLY cool apps coming out.. I hope someone can prove me wrong..
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Social media engagement is not posting to your facebook page. Engagement is finding trending topics, pages, groups and conversations that are involving customers, potential customers, or people discussing keywords that could make them relevant to you. A good way to take a shot at social engagement is to go to facebook or twitter and search for conversations with a keyword like "google ranking" or a phrase like " trying to rank my business in google" and then participate in the convo with something useful like " a great tool when trying to get ranked in google the seoquake tooalbar that lets you know if your website is optimized properly". Cheers
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Website are great but isn't it time we thought of another way to experience the web.. why are we not progressing? I still go to websites that look like they were built in 1998! Can we please get someone to think of a way to " web" better? Thanks..
Thursday, August 7, 2014
As you know the web gets bigger every year, more traffic, more users, more bandwidth more photos,messages,emails,websites,transactions we could go on and on.. Web Marketing and the leads your business can get from it are no exception. In recent polls businesses said that web had to do with over 80% of their overall business.
Monday, April 29, 2013
Adam Pollicino is an entrepreneur and one of his business endeavors includes the company Search Control. Adam Pollicino and his staff at search control help companies build a brand online by using SEO or otherwise known as Search Engine Optimization. Promotion online is what Search Control does best for its clients by using blogs, internal links, twitter and all things Internet related to maximize search results for companies. Here are some helpful tips for your business and ways to promote the company website through link building.
10 Easy Ways to Promote Your Site Through Link Building
1. Create a blog. Creating content on a consistent basis not only builds links internally (by linking out from your posts), but it also gives you the ability to build links naturally, because content is your greatest asset when attracting links. A blog is essential to many strategies outlined here, such as linking out. You absolutely need a blog in today's online environment to survive.
2. Internal linking. You have pages and posts on your website, so make the most of them. Internal links are huge for link building because you can control everything about them, from the location on the page to the anchor text. This is something that most people overlook--please do not! Make sure to steer your content in the direction of other posts or pages so you can link to them. Warning: Do not use exact-match anchor text in your site's navigation (sitewide links). This will most likely be another spam filter from Google. Related: Creating Web Content That Attracts Attention for Link Building
3. Resources/links pages. Other webmasters have created links, or resource, pages, and these are legitimate opportunities to get links. If the links on that page are relevant, you've got a chance. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as just asking for a link. The following two suggestions are specific strategies to help you get webmasters liking you before you ask and greatly increase your chance of getting the link.
4. Ask people you know for a link. Whether it's your friends, relatives, employees, colleagues, business partners, clients, or anyone else, ask them for a link. Someone you know has a website or blog, so take advantage.
6. Research your competitors. When it comes to finding new link opportunities, competitor research is one of the first things you should do. Essentially, you're piggy-backing off their success. While some links are unobtainable (that is, a random mention in a news post), others can be diamonds in the rough (a high-quality niche directory). Try using SEOmoz's Open Site Explorer for this. Plug in your competitors and export their backlinks to a CSV file. Do this for all your competitors so you can get all their links in one place in a spreadsheet workbook. Then you can sort them by various link metrics to find the best opportunities. Related: Promoting Your Site's Best Content Through Link Building
7. Link out. Linking out is huge. Don't be a link hoarder; you're going to create content, so use it to gain favor with other people.
8. Build relationships. This is the No. 1 link-building strategy in the world. Get to know people! Build relationships with them, because it'll come back to you in the form of links (that is, if they're the right people). The best part about this is that it's just like real life. Remember how people say, "It's not about what you know, it's about who you know"? The same goes for link building.
9. Niche-specific directories. As opposed to general web directories, niche-specific directories only accept sites that meet a certain topic criteria. For example, one directory might only accept sites about arts and crafts. Some of these directories are free, while others are paid. One example is Business.com, a directory for business websites. The cost is $299 per year.
10. Paid directories. Some directories ask for money before accepting your link(s) in their listings. Dir.Yahoo.com, for example, is a paid directory. Once again, while some of these can pass on legitimate value, others offer little and aren't worth your time or money. To read the full article click here: 10 Way To Promote A Site